The business is owned and managed by Hanna and Andreas Nilsen who live on site, all year round. They, along with the staff, take pride in ensuring that you have a relaxing and enjoyable stay.
At Lauklines, we offer 6 modern, warm and cosy, high quality cabins with 6 beds each, boat rental, charter fishing trips, and the sale of fishing tackle. In addition we have a waterside sauna, meeting and banqueting rooms for hire. In partnership with other local business, guests can rent hiking equipment and book guided activities, which range from glacier walking in the summer to dog sledding in the winter.
Your hosts at Lauklines
Here at Lauklines, we put our guests first and we try our best to create a cosy and relaxing atmosphere.
With this in mind, we feel we have an obligation at Lauklines to help protect our environment, by taking our part of the responsibility for our – and our guests’ – actions. This is based on the goal of reducing our use of resources in our daily operations. We are more than grateful if you have any ideas about how we can become even better at helping the environment.
Here are some of the initiatives we are trying to implement:
- Reducing the consumption of detergents by using ENJO microfibre materials in our cleaning tasks
- Sorting of waste materials, see the recycling guide
- Energy-saving light bulbs
- Purchasing renewable energy (See environmental certificate)
- Encouraging awareness of unnecessary use of energy (heating, lighting)
- For laundry we use Nortekstil which is an ecosertified local laundry.
- Providing facilities for visitors using electric vehicle
Lauklines was a traditional trading post, established at the beginning of the 1900s. In 1999, after major renovation and modernisation, Lauklines was reopened as tourist facility.
Our wish is to run Lauklines with the same open, welcoming hospitality that Håkon and Halldis Nilsen, (Andreas’ grandparents) offered everyone that came here, either to purchase their daily needs, to stay overnight, to eat, on official business or were just popping by for a coffee while waiting for the passenger boat to call! Read more about our history here